Dec 28, 2017

Find details from PID when huge databases are hosted on single host

I got below question from an anonymous user :

If I have the PID number for a process (on a UNIX machine), how can I find out the name of its associated process? What do I have to do? But in my host there are 30+ databases are hosted.
Ans:

No need to worry. You need to check what is running against the PID. So I am created an issue for a JAVA program and you can see now how I am fixing the issue.



Now find PID details:

[oracle@example ~]$ ps -fp 59865





So, Here I found my OEM agent is consuming more CPU. I think restart of agent may fix the issue. Let us do that.

[oracle@example ~]$ cd /u01/app/oracle/product/OEM/agent13c/agent_13.2.0.0.0/bin
[oracle@example bin]$ ./emctl status agent


Here, I found one Java program utilizing more CPU and that to it is an agent.

So I stopped and started the agent and issue fixed so smoothly.

e,g., ( for me this was issue, for you it may be different)

bin]$ ./emctl stop agent
bin]$ ./emctl status agent
bin]$ ./emctl start agent

after that the Top is like below:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate >>